Building Services

Building Services

Indoor Comfort Design and Invention





This is a design I came up with to solve current issues in my bedroom. My bedroom has a 2.7m x 2m big window facing outdoors, and my bed happens to be placed just beside the window. Every afternoon, mainly during summer days, the sunlight and heat would penetrate in the room. It would get really hot and annoying especially when I wake up in the middle of my afternoon nap because the light and heat is unbearable. So I came up with a solution which is a multi-blockout curtain. It is made of polyester fabric with acrylic backing which reflects light and reduces heat. It also provides privacy for me during my nap time, so people wouldn't be able to see through the window into my room. However, if I would like to have some sunlight and see the view, I can unzip it to reveal a sheer fabric in between the polyester fabric, which allows some light into the room. The zipper also allows me to adjust the amount of light according to my liking. So if I would like to take a lie down and take a nap but I don't want a dark room, I could unzip it half-way, so I can have both sunlight and privacy for convenience.

Comments